Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Saturday, May 14, 2016

Nancy is Finally Resting

This is so difficult for me to write. Not just because each word is soaked in sadness. It’s hard because I realize that these words will result in a profound grief across a community of wonderful people who shared a deep admiration for a truly beautiful soul.

Nancy passed away last evening. Nancy was comfortable up to her final breath, and after that breath she left us with a smile that was indescribably beautiful. With it, she was giving me assurance that she had reached the peace that, as she had quoted a week before, transcends all understanding.

We will have an opportunity to celebrate, as a community, Nancy’s beautiful soul. In the coming days, we’ll be scheduling and organizing a celebration service. I will post details about the logistics here on the blog as they emerge. I’m anticipating it to be 10 - 14 days out.

If you are moved express your feelings in the form of flowers or some other gift of sentiment, Nancy preferred that you consider a donation in her memory to one of a few organizations that had great meaning to her. I’ll add a post to the blog with information about those organizations.

As one might imagine, I’m overwhelmed with a variety of feelings and emotions. But right now my predominant feeling is a deep sense of gratitude. I sincerely thank you all for your continual prayers, encouragement, thoughts, and love. You all made certain that Nancy knew how adored and admired she was.


Thank you.

No comments: