Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cyberknife scheduled

Hi again, Nancy here with another update.  My cyberknife radiation treatment is all set for next week.  This time it will be Mon - Fri, about an hour each day.   In non-brain-related news, I saw Dr. Rinn and we talked about my rising tumor markers.  She wants to stay the course with Afinitor/Aromasin for now because she doesn't think I've been on it long enough to know if it is effective.  We'll check my labs again in a month and see how things look.  If they are still rising rapidly, we'll do a scan and potentially change to a different chemo.  So far, the A/A combo has been a very easy treatment and it is nice to have be taking oral meds rather than going into the infusion center every week.

I'm still very tired, probably from surgery, maybe also from treatment, but am taking it easy and trying to get lots of rest.  Thanks again for all the support and well wishes.  Jake and I had a lovely anniversary dinner last night, then played cards on the patio while we watched the sunset over the water and mountains...made me think that in spite of having an awful disease, we sure do have a wonderful life!!



No comments: