Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving report from Nancy

After 8 weeks straight of chemo, I earned a week off for the Thanksgiving holiday. It has been nice to relax with family/friends this holiday and get a break from treatment. My brother is in town visiting and we've been having a great time hanging out, cooking, and playing games. I continue to do pretty well as long as I take it easy and don't try to do too much. When I get tired, my back pain flares up and reminds me I still have a long way to go on this chemo. The current plan is to keep me on the combination of weekly Abraxane, every-other-week Avastin, and monthly Zometa indefinitely, though I'll get breaks like this week from time to time.

No comments: