Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Nancy's Tree

Nancy and I always considered our home to be our sanctuary and our favorite place in the entire world. When I suggested to her that I'd like to include her ashes in the planting of a new special tree in the front yard, she loved the idea. Our landscaper helped me select the perfect tree, a Bijou Japanese Maple. This tree's bark turns bright yellow during winter.

I placed the tree where I'll be able to see it from bed, from the patio, and from the living room. The landscaper added an up-light so I can take in its beauty and remember Nancy any time of day.



No comments: