Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Thursday, December 4, 2014

Chemo update and brain radiation to boot

Hi again.  No sooner had I posted my last update, saying how my new chemo was going smoothly, when the side effects hit me like a ton of bricks.  I had awful aches/pains for about 5 days, then felt well the next two weeks, so that's the upside.  Chemo again today, in fact I'm posting this update from the treatment center.

Last week I was scheduled for a follow up brain scan, which showed that one of brain tumors was a bit bigger.  They set me up for another cyberknife, which I had on Tues this week.  It went smoothly, I'm a little tired, but otherwise have no side effects (totally amazing technology).  They will repeat the brain MRI in 8 weeks to make sure that spot is shrinking and/or gone.

In non-cancer news, we had a very nice Thanksgiving with Jason/Wendy, my mom, mother-in-law, and brother.  Jason and Wendy hosted in their beautiful new home and they cooked an absolutely amazing dinner.  It was really fun and we were so thankful to be with family and friends.

No comments: