Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Thursday, September 20, 2012

September Update


Hello family and friends,
Hard to believe, but I’ve been on Navelbine for over 3 months now and it continues to go well.  I have a CT scan on Tuesday morning to ensure things are moving in the right direction, so fingers crossed with that.  We will review results with Dr. Rinn on Wed.  One of the crazy things about living with advanced cancer is learning to take life in 3 month gulps (the approximate amount of time between scans).  I’m also having the joy of brain MRI’s every two months, though we’ll hopefully be able to decrease the frequency of those at some point.  I didn’t really mention this on my last post, but they did discover another tiny brain tumor in the back of my head, but it is so small we are taking a wait-and-watch approach rather than zapping it with radiation.  The brain tumor that was treated with Gamma Knife back in April looks good.  I’ve got a slight dent in my head from where they attached the frame, which I swear is getting bigger and deeper (Jake thinks I’m imagining this).

In non-cancer news, Jake and I have had an absolutely fantastic summer.  After our Asia trip and wonderful visit with Kate and the kids, I was able to join my hiking friends from the Mt. Adams climb as they ended a 3 day backpacking trip in the Cascades.  It was fun to connect with such an amazing group of women – they are so brave!  Then, last weekend, we made a short visit to Columbus to visit Jake’s folks, which was great fun.  Next month we head to Chicago for the baptism of our new niece, Ainslie, which will be really special.

In July, Swedish featured us (including bulldogs) in a publication for their donors.  It was really an honor to be a part of this, here’s the link to the story.

Thanks for everyone’s continued love and support, 
Nancy


Swedish Foundation photo, by Nancy's Side...
Hike with Mount Adams team
A trip to Jake's hometown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! You look so stunning in all of them. Thanks for sharing. We continue to pray for you. Sending lots of love and hugs.
Love Potter