Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting started again...

Dear family and friends,

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes with our latest health news. We met with my doctor last week and came up with a plan. I will be starting an oral chemo regimen of Xeloda and Cytoxan and continue with monthly infusions of Zometa. Dr. Rinn recommended this chemo over going back to Abraxane/Avastin because it will be much easier to keep working if I can take all my chemo from home and the side effects should be milder, though totally different than what I've had in the past. I won't lose my hair with this chemo and hopefully won't be as tired. The main side effect is hand-foot syndrome, which is peeling and blistering of the hands and feet.
We will give this a shot and then have scans again in a couple months to see how it is working. Thanks again everyone. Nancy

1 comment:

Jim said...

We cannot wait to join you guys in Seattle for the Nov. 12 NW Team Survivor Gayla...!
Jim