Fall 2009: Jake and Nancy learned that Nancy's breast cancer was stage four. Winter 2013: They are still fighting. This is a gathering place to follow their story, offer support, love and prayers... to be by their side.



Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 first post

Dear friends,
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and New Year. We are still doing well and are encouraged by the scan results from Christmas Eve. We had family in for the holidays, which was wonderful and very low-key/relaxed (pics attached, you can even see a rare photo of me with a wig or "hair helmet" as I refer to it). I had the chemo triple crown of Abraxane, Avastin, and Zometa on New Year's Eve and then took this week off just to take a little break. I feel great (considering I'm on chemo) and am trying to continue exercising every day and get lots of rest. My previous two times on chemo (in 2002 and 2007) I worked (though on a reduced schedule), but I am a strong believer that not working is more beneficial to my health and I don't regret it. People keep asking me if I'm bored, but truly I am not. It is amazing the number of projects I can find to work on at home. Plus, let's not forget my favorite bulldogs, who love having someone at home all the time.
Thanks again for all the support and I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year!



No comments: